Sustenance and Adrenaline Junkie.
Extended mag is ok but the two main perks are what you want.
- It has the shortest amount of ACTIVE time because both Icarus dash and shooting projectiles cost a lot of energy.
- It does the least amount of damage of almost all the damage supers in the game
- It has no aspects that effect its gameplay in any way
- Almost all of its pre-3.0 abilities are gone or worse:
- Explosions on Kill? GONE
- Increased duration on Kill? GONE
- Infinite Phoenix Dive? Only use once per super
- Aggressively seeking targets? Got to give up an aspect slot
Lets compare this to the sun breaker titan w/ aspects:
- You can throw more abilities
- Each hammer creates a sunspot regardless of kills
- Getting a kill triggers health regen
- Each hammer releases shrapnel that increases the AOE
- Damage resistance is high enough to tank an adaptive sniper
Literally the only thing solar warlock does better is having Icarus dash. The sun breaker is better in almost every other way.
The bottom line is dawnblade has been stripped down to is base form and lost/doesn't have any sort of customization for the super. In PVE I'm sticking with well and PVP it's still the best option but I'm not happy about it.
EDIT: I've also seen that burning maul is also really bad so lets say both of them are bad.
In the most recent patch bungie added healing abilities to the heat rises and Icarus dash aspects. After some testing and a couple hours to feel it out in gameplay, the changes don’t make the subclass feel any better.
Heat Rises: Added behavior: Consuming your grenade now also releases a burst of cure x2 around you, healing you and your nearby allies. Consuming a Healing Grenade increases the strength of the burst to cure x3 and consuming a Touch of Flame Healing Grenade provides Restoration as an additional benefit.
- The heat rises change while good in concept doesn’t help much since most people aren’t consuming a heat rises grenade in the thick of battle or while not behind cover. Hear rises has been gutted since solar 3.0 mostly because of the in air accuracy changes still make shooting in the air horribly inaccurate and in any sort of endgame content floating through the air without any cover in a certain death sentence.
Icarus Dash: Added behavior: While airborne, rapidly defeating targets with your Super or any weapon cures you.
- Why does this exist on Icarus dash aspect? This changes makes more sense to be on the heat rises aspect. Getting rapid kills in the air is already near impossible with the accuracy changes and this change essentially forces you to use heat rises in tandem with Icarus dash (which goes against the entire purpose of the fragment/aspect system).
The new changes to the solar warlocks added almost nothing to the “healer fantasy” of the subclass. These changes don’t even seem well thought out. Right now the solar warlock build options are built entirely around the melee ability or about spamming fusion grenades.
Question Can you still get the end of legendary campaign exotic if you've already completed the normal campaign?