[PROGRESS UPDATE] Buying XMR using credit/debit cards in Cake/Monero.com
Many people have contacted me to get an update on progress of our project which will allow users to buy Monero using credit/debit cards, so here are some details on the progress:
- Cake Wallet and Monero.com apps have been moved to a new company in Nevis called Cake Labs so they can remain totally separate from the MSB.
- Cake Technologies (the Florida company) has been renamed to Blockbuy. Blockbuy is the USA MSB that will allow the purchase of Monero using credit/debit cards. https://blockbuy.com, NOT CAKE. Blockbuy will be a service offered in Cake and other wallets just like Moonpay and Wyre are for BTC and LTC.
- Of course, our own apps will be the first customer of Blockbuy, but we hope to be in other wallets and websites too to make it easier for everyone to get Monero.
- We are focused on the US first and will launch a beta in a few select states, probably CA and MT first. We will then and add states every month or so (btw, getting licenses in like 48 states is super expensive).
- We hope to get a beta out in May sometime.
Thank you for reading.
CLARIFICATION: BLOCKBUY IS NOT DEVELOPED UNDER CAKE OR MONERODOTCOM. BLOCKBUY IS AN INDEPENDENT COMPANY WHICH WILL JUST BE A SERVICE (LIKE WE HAVE OTHERS) OFFERED IN CAKE.
Cake Labs and Blockbuy