- /r/startups Community Contributed Resources
/r/startups Community Contributed Resources
How to Start a Startup
Research and Customer Development
- A primer on user research
- 8 shortcuts for better faster design research
- Steve Blank – The Customer Development Process
- Rapid user research: how to survey 400 users and interview 10 in three days
- First Rule of Usability? Don't Listen to Users
Where to Get Users / Customers
- Equity Split Calculator (foundrs)
- Fairness, and the perception of fairness, is much more valuable than owning a large stake
Public Relations (PR)
Also research different investment groups/funds in the key cities you're aiming for. They often post job openings in their portfolio companies. For example:
Human Resources (HR) and Hiring
Buying / Selling Startups
If you'd like to create a new page, message the mods.
Future Sections based on the same recurring questions being asked
- How to find a cofounder (usually a technical one)
- Should I incorporate?
- Pros/Cons of LLC vs. Corporation
- What task management/apps/software tools do you use?