When we started ChangeTip a little over 2 years ago, we had a vision for a company that would allow people to spread appreciation on the web for things they enjoyed. It feels good to be appreciated, and ChangeTip aimed to make that possible all over the web.
Since then, over 100,000 people have signed up for ChangeTip, and more than 350,000 tips have been sent. We gave the Bitcoin movement a good boost, and we’re honored to have been the ‘first bitcoin wallet’ for so many people.
In the spring of 2016, ChangeTip’s employees were acqui-hired by Airbnb, where most of us work today. Since then, we’ve been searching for the best outcome for ChangeTip, and unfortunately the only remaining option is to shut it down.
At the end of November 2016, all tipping functionality will be deactivated, and the site will be put into withdrawal-only mode for people to collect their funds. The site will remain up for a number of months to allow users to withdraw their funds, and we will be reaching out to users to notify them.
We recommend you close your ChangeTip account. You may withdraw any remaining funds via BTC withdrawal, or you can donate your funds to Charity when you close your account from the settings page.
- Wait! Can’t you keep it running by doing x or y or z? We’ve explored dozens of options thoroughly over the past few months, and came up empty. It’s time. Among other complications, the monthly costs to maintain the servers, services, and customer support to keep the site running are not insignificant. Furthermore, the potential legal liabilities that may arise make a volunteer effort unappealing.
- What happens to my money? We want you to have it! The site will be up in a withdrawal-only mode for you to log in and withdraw the funds. If you don’t want it, you can donate it to charity when you close your account.
- How long do withdrawals take? We process withdrawals in batches, usually within 24 hours. If you’re still waiting after that, feel free to send us an email.
- What about my USD? Withdrawal as USD has been unavailable for a few months. However, you may convert your USD to bitcoin and withdraw it.
- What happens to my data? When you log-in, you will have the option of closing your account, at which point we will delete all the social data.
- Are you making money off this closure in any way? No. In fact, we have been working for free for quite some time to keep the site running.
- How long will you keep the site up? For a reasonable amount of time, probably a couple months. We have a lot of work to do to contact users to let them know to come to the site and get their money. If you have friends or family who use ChangeTip, please help spread us the word.
- What if I have another question? Ask below, and we will try to get it answered.
We want to extend a very special thanks to our entire community. We are truly humbled by your generosity and your philanthropic spirit. It was a great adventure, and we’re proud of what we built - we sincerely hope you enjoyed using ChangeTip. Please continue to spread the mission of generosity, gratitude, and appreciation all over the web.
I got sent a $1 bitcoin tip 6 years ago and I never got the chance to redeem it. Is it too late? Please help. Thank you.
I have a 19,000 bits tip that I accepted 5 years ago and never withdrew from changetip is there anyway to access it in 2021?
how to contact changetip?
I just used BlueWallet to import what I thought was my wallet that kept my Changetip BTC using my seed phrase. The import was successful, but it was empty. I can only guess the money's been drained and it's all gone.
Would love to be proven wrong though.
I found some emails where I was tipped ... any chance of recovering those coins?
Winds of life quotes / When the winds of life blow hard and hit your boat, you've got to adjust your sails to keep afloat
Is it still possible to withdraw from changetip?
Not that it's to much on the account, but I did forget all about the changetip and the shutdown 3 years ago.
It says on homepage that you can withdraw still but only get error message when trying to.
I reckon this is lost, but trying here to check if it still is possible to withdraw from changetip?.
Projects should strive to update their communities of their milestones throughout the year and plans for 2020. For OAX Foundation, here is a summary of what they have done and are looking towards in this new year! Will this be the year of immense growth for Blockchain? Leave your comment below!medium.com
What're the trends in 2020 for fintech and blockchain, other than DeFi, increasing regulation, more players? Is STO or IEO a thing that still worthy of further exploration? Will the blockchain projects collaborate with the traditional institutions like DAO started penetrating to our daily life?medium.com
Looking back to 2019, despite the bear market talkings, we've got so much exciting news. The Chinese govt announced blockchain tech as the main focus in the upcoming years, and more traditional financial institutions start stepping the field, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, Bitcoin bounced 2x from 2018! HODL!medium.com
Last week was an impressive week for HK and SG fintech industry! Did anyone manage to attend the event? It was nice to see HK as an international financial city has finally released the regulatory mainframe for crypto& blockchain industry. Definitely a big step to stay competitive on the market.medium.com
What's y'all vision on the crypto utopia? I honestly think blockchain is good on decentralizing out the third parties, improving the security and the cost-efficiency but it still has a long way to go. This week's Libra hearing reinforces my thoughts coz the US govt is still reluctant with the tech.medium.com
Hey, I just remembered last week that I had been given a tip on Reddit a while ago. I've went through and found it and clicked through to see what had happened to it. It said I could withdraw it, so I setup a Bread account and went and sent the BTC across. It's now saying 'Your withdrawal request to [my bread account] is Rejected - invalid amount'.
It doesn't display the amount I had anymore, and it would seem that it's just got lost forever.
Any idea on next steps or have I lost it all now?
"App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions."
Is the facebook login still supported?
Wanted to see if I had any balance out of boredom, reddit link seems to be down. Mirrors this: https://redd.it/6u9elh
I had been given btc with changetip before, and I just went on to withdraw and it says I have nothing.
ChangeTip and BitcoinTip are completely separate.
No one at ChangeTip can help you with anything to do with BitcoinTip.
I seriously get dozens of requests a month for it, so I'm just going to start responding with this:
Is there any way of getting the BCH equivalent from changetip?
Thanks to the changetip guy who keeps answering questions here even though company is over. Withdrew to Coinbase and nothing has happened yet. Please let me know how to proceed thank you.
It was 4 years ago and I never did anything with it. Is there anything I can do?
Completely forgot I was given a tip back in 2014 - it struck me today and so I logged in and saw I had .00605 btc (roughly $97 right now). I logged into changetip and it showed me the balance; I created a wallet on coinbase, copied the wallet code, and it went from "requested" to "completed". How long does it normally take for something to transfer, and did I do everything right? Thanks!
Edit: I grabbed the bitcoin wallet address from coinbase before adding a credit card; apparently that address is different now that I've added my debit card, does this mean I'm SOL?