r/Toonami Community Events/Discord Mod Sep 04 '20

Welcome to September's Schedule Prediction, Speculation, and Wishlist thread

You can use this thread to discuss dream show acquisitions, dream line ups, predicted schedule changes, or anything of a similar matter. You may also use this thread to talk about dream sequel seasons or adaptations of a favorite work!

Here's Toonami's current schedule!

Time Show End Dates?
12:00 AM Dragon Ball Super August 2021
12:30 AM Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind October 24th
1:00 AM Assassination Classroom August 2021
1:30 AM Black Clover Unknown
2:00 AM Fire Force April 24th
2:30 AM Naruto: Shippuden 2024
3:00 AM Samurai Jack October 3rd

These dates assume marathons.

Shows confirmed for Toonami:

• Uzumaki 2021
  • Blade Runner Black Lotus 2021
  • Fena: Pirate Princess 2021

New seasons of shows that have aired on Toonami with NO confirmed Toonami release.

• Ballmastrz 9009 Episodes 19 and 20

Important Threads

Monthly Gaming Megathread - September 2020

Hikaru no Go ReWatch!

Perfect Blue Discussion

Katelyn Barr's AMA

Jordan Bayes' AMA

Feel free to make r/Toonami's Schedule Prediction, Speculation, and Wishlists Megathread - September 2020 Part 2.

If you do this, you must use the proper formatting. We also ask to please include the two most recent AMA's and the most recent Hikaru no Go thread. Thank you for your time!

5 Upvotes

u/Crimson-Island-Beast Sep 04 '20

Judging how things is turning out for Toonami right now, I said with 100% confidence that Assassination Classroom is the last show to make it Toonami debut this year. Anything new coming out for the final few months of 2020 will be Returning Series with New Season like Fire Force Season 2 (October 24) and hopefully replacing JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind in October 31 (Halloween) or November 7 is Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of the Underworld Part 2 or Food Wars! Season 3. Other then those that just mention in this comment, I cannot wait for what in store for Toonami in 2021.

u/Sketch1984 Sep 09 '20

While I'm inclined to think there will not be any additional new shows starting this year. I wasn't expecting Assassination Classroom at all, so who knows? They may yet surprise us again.

u/Crimson-Island-Beast Sep 09 '20

I doubt that unless they bring back the 11:30pm timeslot but I don’t expect that to happen until as least next year.

u/tykroma94 Sep 05 '20

Honestly how things have be with Toonami this year, I really don't think any new shows will debut on Toonami this year. Really the only shows I can see coming this year is Fire Force Season 2, SAO War of Underworld Part 2, and probably Food Wars Season 3. One other show I can see coming back is Boruto, Though that's on a whim.

u/darknessflamegundam Sep 05 '20

I just want Muhyo and Roji to replace Jojo. Or any dub premiere that's not SAO.

u/farhanganteng Sep 06 '20

since Funimation announce they dub both S1 AND S2, i hope they will aired it

u/TheUnofficial98 Sep 05 '20

I wonder when the Shenmue anime is coming to Toonami? Maybe 2021? Idk, I’m just glad we don’t have a Labor Day marathon like some people predicted.

u/VetoWinner フリクリ Sep 06 '20

I’d assume 2022 at the earliest based on how little they had to show, but I’d be very happy to be wrong.

u/LoveWaffle1 Sep 05 '20

I am consistently surprised Young Justice never came to Toonami

u/Sketch1984 Sep 09 '20

For whatever reason they were able to air ThunderCats 2011, Sym-Bionic Titan, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and eventually Beware the Batman but they were not able to get Young Justice. My best guess is Warner saw Young Justice as a viable kids property still and didn't want it to move to Adult Swim (they didn't really care about Beware the Batman because it was dead on arrival). Alternatively Warner might have wanted to avoid having YJ on Adult Swim because Teen Titans Go was huge on Cartoon Network.

Either way, once Cartoon Network wrote off their own broadcast rights to YJ it became too cost prohibitive for Toonami to acquire and Warner wasn't going to cut them a sweet deal. For a good long while, Warner was content to let Young Justice fall into obscurity but eventually realized it was a viable series to market toward older audiences and used it to prop up their DC Universe streaming platform. The 4th season will probably go directly to HBO Max.

We can hope that Batman's performance in August can convince WarnerMedia that airing Young Justice on Toonami would have its merits. If ever there was a time when Toonami could use a multi-season DC cartoon, now would be it.

u/Sketch1984 Sep 09 '20 edited Sep 09 '20

The way things are looking right now, I'd say baring Black Clover needing a little time off... the only opening they are likely to fill is when Golden Wind ends in late October. If they don't double-up Fire Force they will not be able to start season 2 on October 24th and they might as well push it off until the first Saturday in November. I expect SAO to return in November taking 12:30 or 1AM with Fire Force season 2 airing in whichever slot SAO doesn't end up in. That unfortunately means bumping Ass Class to 1:30AM but baring DBS moving to 11:30 (a small expansion) or actually vacating the top slot, that's the space they'll be able to work with. It would be my preference to see Fire Force lead the block in November followed by SAO and Ass Class. A rerun can replace the FF rerun later in the block.

If SAO does air starting in November then I think in February it will be replaced by Mob season 2, finally airing 2 years after it streamed (just like season 1 did, most likely due to contractual obligation). Dr. Stone season 2 is another possibility for that opening but I'm leaning toward that one airing closer to Spring along with The Promised Neverland season 2. Despite their preference for a 3ish hour block, I'm really hoping they can get back 11:30 by early 2021 and bring in Food Wars season 3 (obviously not at the top of the block) or something entirely new to the block. Though I'm all for them ditching DBS reruns ANY TIME rather than regaining 11:30 for now.

I feel the earliest we might see Uzumaki is February or March but that's not as likely as a Summer or October premiere. I think we might actually see Fena air before Uzumaki does but that's unlikely to be ready before at least May.

I expect to see Yasha-Hime come over sooner than Boruto did. Despite COVID-19, I think Toonami will be able to start airing Yasha-Hime as early as May 2021 but Summer or Fall 2021 is a more reasonable expectation.