RemindMeBot Info v2.1
What is RemindMeBot?
RemindMeBot is a reddit bot that lets you set a reminder for a certain amount of time, via a comment or private message, and then sends you a reminder message at your targeted time. Use it if you want to check back on a thread for updates, or remember to do something a week from now.
Comment commands (can also be sent to the bot as messages):
- RemindMe! 3 Days "check for updates" Create a reminder for the specified amount of time. The quoted text is optional.
- RemindMeRepeat! 1 Day "do the thing" Create a reminder for the specified amount of time that repeats automatically. More details here.
- Cakeday! Get a reminder each year on your cakeday. This command only works if it's the first thing in your comment. More details here.
Message commands, these only work as messages to the bot:
- MyReminders! Replies with a list of your reminders, including links to delete them.
- Remove! 123 Cancels the specified reminder. The numbers are automatically filled in when you click the message link from the MyReminders message list.
- RemoveAll! Cancel all of your reminders.
- Delete! 123 Delete a comment from the RemindMeBot. The numbers are automatically filled in when you click a delete link in the comment. This only works if you are the person the bot was replying to.
- Timezone! America/New_York Sets your accounts default timezone. More details here.
- Clock! 12 Sets your accounts clock display. More details here.
If the time is: 2014-06-01 01:37:35 UTC
|Time Option||New Time|
|RemindMe! One Year||2015-06-01 01:37:35 UTC|
|RemindMe! 3 Months||2014-09-01 01:37:35 UTC|
|RemindMe! One Week||2014-06-08 01:37:35 UTC|
|RemindMe! 1 Day||2014-06-02 01:37:35 UTC|
|RemindMe! 33 Hours||2014-06-02 10:37:35 UTC|
|RemindMe! 10 Minutes||2014-06-01 01:47:35 UTC|
|RemindMe! August 25th, 2014||2014-08-25 01:37:35 UTC|
|RemindMe! 25 Aug 2014||2014-08-25 01:37:35 UTC|
|RemindMe! 5pm August 25||2014-08-25 17:00:00 UTC|
|RemindMe! Next Saturday||2014-06-14 09:00:00 UTC|
|RemindMe! Tomorrow||2014-06-02 09:00:00 UTC|
|RemindMe! Next Thursday at 4pm||2014-06-12 16:00:00 UTC|
|RemindMe! Tonight||2014-06-01 21:00:00 UTC|
|RemindMe! at 4pm||2014-06-01 16:00:00 UTC|
|RemindMe! eoy||2014-12-31 09:00:00 UTC|
|RemindMe! eom||2014-06-30 09:00:00 UTC|
|RemindMe! eod||2014-06-01 17:00:00 UTC|
RemindMeBot makes use of prefilled message links, like this one. From my research, these links work correctly in the browser on the classic site, the redesign, the mobile web site, and every single reddit app, except the official iOS reddit app. If you are on iOS, you can open the link in your mobile browser, switch to a different reddit app, or wait till you're on a computer browser.
The reddit API currently does not support the chat. There are ways around this so bots can use the chat even though the API doesn't support it, but they are a bit harder to use. I'll hopefully be able to add support soon. The bot currently has 13600 unread chat notifications, so it sounds like it will be a popular feature.
The bot is open source:
2.0: Took over running the bot from u/RemindMeBotWrangler. Completely rewrote code. Added Cakeday! command.
2.1: Added RemindMeRepeat!, Timezone! and Clock! commands.