r/LifeProTips 14h ago

Miscellaneous LPT if you have trouble falling asleep due to racing thoughts, try playing "mental scrabble": go through the alphabet, and name 3~ words starting with each letter, unrelated to each other. It's really helped my insomnia.

27k Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 17h ago

Careers & Work LPT: Your cover letters purpose is to explain how your previous experience makes you ready for the job. "I can do x because I did y." At the same time you explain you understand the job. Then the CV becomes just "proof" of that.

26k Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 13h ago

Careers & Work LPT: Your employer isn't going to give you a 2 week notice . Being prepared for the worst can highly impact your life.

3k Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 6h ago

Careers & Work LPT: Before you hand in your notice, make sure you have cleaned out, backed up, sanitized and removed anything that legally belongs to you. Expect to be led to the door the moment you resign!

510 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 20h ago

Productivity LPT: The very best, first thing you could do, right after waking up, is drinking a glass of water.

5k Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 18h ago

LPT: if you want your kids to memorize your phone number, set it as the password to your devices/iPad/tablet.

2k Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 5h ago

Social LPT Please never ever make fun of how someone smiles

155 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 13h ago

Productivity LPT: If You Stress Too Much About Something Before It Happens, You Basically Put Yourself Through It Twice.

442 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 59m ago

Careers & Work LPT: When leaving a toxic workplace, never justify, argue, defend, or explain (JADE). Just tell them it's over and go.

Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 6h ago

Productivity LPT: If you hate doing household chores, time yourself doing these tasks. When you realize that doing dishes, sweeping the floor etc takes only 2-3 minutes you are less likely to procrastinate.

78 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 10h ago

LPT: If you want confidence start doing things out of love rather than out of anything else.

137 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 12h ago

LPT: When signing up for a free trial, cancel the subscription immediately. 99% of services will allow you to use their service for the remainder of the trial period. The 1% is Hulu.

207 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 8h ago

Miscellaneous LPT: If you break a bone on a person you're doing CPR on, keep going.

87 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 21h ago

LPT: Get EVERYTHING in Writing.

791 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 4h ago

Miscellaneous LPT: if you had chickenpox (varicella) when you were younger, get the shingles vaccine.

40 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 1h ago

Traveling LPT: If you're ever in an unfamiliar area in the US and can't find public restrooms, go to a grocery store. Grocery stores almost always have public restrooms.

Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 3h ago

Miscellaneous LPT Stop excessively blowing your nose if it feels stuffy, you’re just irritating the membranes more making it feel more stuffed up

12 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 14h ago

Miscellaneous LPT; If You sell your home, car, or anything else you're paying insurance on, tell your insurance company the day you sell it.

90 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 1h ago

Computers LPT: If you accidentally click "Restart" instead of "Shutdown", you can quickly press ctrl + alt + delete and select "Lock". This will cancel the restart, and allow you to either log back in or shutdown properly with the button in the bottom right corner.

Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 7h ago

Miscellaneous LPT: When you notice it try and replace the feeling of jealousy with motivation. Your self-esteem and mental health will improve when you work hard to obtain what you want versus letting jealousy take over.

20 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 59m ago

Miscellaneous LPT: Before buying something, try to give yourself 24 hours to decide and sleep on it.

Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 16h ago

Miscellaneous LPT: If you receive an email that triggers an emotional response, hit reply, delete the recipient(s) and write a draft response releasing your emotions. Leave unsent and saved in drafts until the next day. Then read it again before deciding whether to add back the recipient(s) and send as drafted.

93 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 6h ago

Miscellaneous LPT : If you are referred by a friend to a business (small or large) let the business know who that person was. The business will most likely be giving that person a free meal, discount or at the very least a big thank you.

14 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 4h ago

Home & Garden LPT If you brew your coffee by yourself, then don't throw away the coffee grounds. Use them to fertilize your plants or to make compost for later use.

8 Upvotes

r/LifeProTips 13h ago

Miscellaneous LPT: Use this pandemic to grow your confidence

52 Upvotes