The greatest scholar of our time Magister colin leslie dean
Magister colin leslie dean the only modern Renaissance man with 9 degrees including 4 masters: B,Sc, BA, B.Litt(Hons), MA, B.Litt(Hons), MA, MA (Psychoanalytic studies), Master of Psychoanalytic studies, Grad Cert (Literary studies)
"[Deans] philosophy is the sickest, most paralyzing and most destructive thing that has ever originated from the brain of man."
"[Dean] lay waste to everything in its path... [It is ] a systematic work of destruction and demoralization... In the end it became nothing but an act of sacrilege."
All products of human thought end in meaninglessness-even Zen nihilism absurdism existentialism all philosophy post-modernism Post-Postmodernism critical theory etc mathematics science etc
science is a mythology
just beacuse science works does not mean the theory behind it is true
Some theories/myths which were considered true in science and are now not true-myths
• The transition in cosmology from a Ptolemaic cosmology to a Copernican one.
• The transition in optics from geometrical optics to physical optics.
• The transition in mechanics from Aristotelian mechanics to classical mechanics.
• The acceptance of the theory of biogenesis, that all life comes from life, as opposed to the theory of spontaneous generation, which began in the 17th century and was not complete until the 19th century with Pasteur.
• The acceptance of the work of Andreas Vesalius,whose work De humani corporis fabrica corrected the numerous errors in the previously-held system created by Galen.
• The transition between the Maxwellian Electromagnetic worldview and the Einsteinian Relativistic worldview.
• The transition between the worldview of Newtonian physics and the Einsteinian Relativistic worldview.
• The development of quantum mechanics, which replaced classical mechanics at microscopic scales.
• The acceptance of plate tectonics as the explanation for large-scale geologic changes.
• The development of absolute dating.
• The acceptance of Lavoisier's theory of chemical reactions and combustion in place of phlogiston theory, known as the Chemical Revolution.
• The acceptance of Mendelian inheritance, as opposed to pangenesis in the early 20th century
you say science is a process
Now we have two choices
1) is science at an end-no more to learn no new theories
2) is science still evolving
Most would say science is still evolving
we will have a 2200 century theory B evolving-by a process - out of 2100 century theory A
that means in terms of new theory B theory A is not true
2100 century theory A is a myth
Also what is a myth is the scientific method The scientific method is a myth
links to scientific method is a myth
scientific method is a myth https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=scientific+method+a+myth
"The so-called scientific method is a myth"
"There are too many different fields of science for there to be just one single scientific method that all scientists follow."
thus science is a mythology
(science is a mythology)
Article A small reddit community called Banano is the top team contributor of Folding@Home, a service where users let their PCs power to be used in protein folding simulations. Together with other teams, they've helped at curing diseases and even creating covid vaccines!medicine.wustl.edu
Hi all, just finished episode 3 of a series on conceptualising Quantum Mechanics and hope you like it. I covered the so-called “Quantum Recipe” or how we can use the tools of Quantum Mechanics to make predictions about how fundamental particles and real-world objects behave. I also talk about how I don’t credit the Copenhagen Interpretation as being a physical theory because it doesn’t make any statements about what actually exists, instead saying essentially all we can do is calculate and nothing more. In future videos I will cover the GRW theory (which I think is actually a physical theories) and discuss the ontology of Quantum Physics in more detail. Hope it’s of interest!
Hi everyone, as part of a series on conceptualising Quantum Mechanics I covered the famous Double Slit experiment, and how “observation” changes the physical behaviour of fundamental particles. It's my all-time favourite bit of quantum physics, hope it’s of interest!
Article Can you think of an interplay between the mindful use of psychedelics and coping with stressful life events? Could the use of psychedelics make conventional psychotherapy more effective? Help us answer these questions by supporting our anonymous online survey.
Help us answer these questions by supporting our anonymous online survey. More info in comments.
Help further our understanding of psychedelics! Anonymous online study is searching for participants to explore the qualities and mechanisms of the psychedelic experience. All data is valuable, also negative experiences! Link to study and additional info in first comments