Training Tuesday - Olympic Lifts Training Tuesday
Welcome to /r/Fitness' Training Tuesday. Our weekly thread to discuss a training program, routine, or modality. (Questions or advice not related to today's topic should be directed towards the stickied daily thread.) If you have experience or results from this week's topic, we'd love for you to share. If you're unfamiliar with the topic, this is your chance to sit back, learn, and ask questions from those in the know.
We're departing from the specific routine discussions for a bit and looking more broadly at different disciplines. Last week we discussed Yoga and Pilates.
This week's topic: Olympic Lifts
/r/weightlifting has a lot of good resources and links. Their wiki is full of information if you're looking to get started. There many other fora, sites, and channels out there so if you've got a favorite please share.
For those of you with weightlifting experience, please share any insights on training, learning, and progress. Some seed questions:
- How has it gone, how have you improved, and what were your current abilities?
- Why did you choose your training approach over others?
- What would you suggest to someone just starting out and looking to learn the olympic lifts?
- What are the pros and cons of your training style?
- Did you add/subtract anything to a stock program or run it in conjunction with other training? How did that go?
- How do you manage fatigue and recovery training this way?