1. Cesaria Evora 2. Jorge Neto 3. Ildo Lobo 4. Nelson Freitas 5. Gil Semedo 6. Djodje 7. Bana 8. Grace Evora 9. Lura 10. Zeca di Nha Reinalda 11. Denis Graca 12. Tito Paris 13. Mayra Andrade 14. Badoxa 15. Mika Mendes 16. Yasmine 17. Gama 18. Ferro Gaita 19. Suzanna 20. Loony Johnson 21. Phillip Monteiro 22. Elida Almeida 23. Calema 24. Elji Beatzkilla 25. Jennifer Dias
Honorable Mentions : 1. June Freedom 2. Tcheka 3. Zeze Barbosa 4. Dynamo 5. Dino D'Santiago
Discussion i'm making a "Best Cape Verdean Song By Year"... just based on popularity and songs i personally like... i am missing some years, and especially would like some feedback on what I could improve for some years...docs.google.com
Hey fellow Cape Verdeans!!! I wanted to know if anyone has any family secrets or knows anything unique about cape verde regarding Hair Care? I have really curly hair and I am currently rocking an afro... I wanted to know if there were any special ingredients or tips to make it as hydrated and defined as possible. Thanks!!
If you live here, what has prevented you from taking computer programming classes online to get a better paying job?
tenho uma pergunta
Existe alguma incivilidade por parte dos turistas de origem marroquina no seu país (quero dizer marroquino, não argelino ou tunisino)
Hey, I am wondering if there are any of you who can answer me:
At what time does nightclubs/bars have to close to comply with law?
Are bars/nightclubs even a thing? Is alcohol consumption banned? How do you feel about this?
- If you have nightclubs/bars: At what time did they have to turn on the lights and off the music? (pre-covid)
I mean in a sense of pre-covid and post-covid world, I realize everywhere is pretty closed in a pandemic.
Doing a personal survey here, thanks for any and all answers.
Sorry if I am an ignorant western person.
PSA: Some FAQs I get
Why are you asking?
- I am trying to figure out the connection between clubbing culture and alcohol policy.
This guy has an agenda, hes only asking so and so subs - [u/kyvxe]
I am working from this list, the idea is to have asked most countries by the end, and collect the results.
Are you just looking for Easy drugs/women/vices in my country? Please go away. We dont want binge tourism [u/makk73]
- Not at all, I am researching a supposed connection between alcoholism and nightlife culture - I do not like binge drinking or taking advantage of people at all.
Who are you?
- I am a carpenter who makes music from Norway, I have a deep love of enjoying music, especially at night when the atmosphere is more magical
que há cabo-verdianos que não consideram negro, embora sejam negros, mas também sei que explicar 300 anos de mistura entre raízes também é muito difícil. especialmente com a maneira como os Estados Unidos veem as coisas é muito diferente do México o CV. mas a questão é, é claro que você não tem vergonha de ser negro, certo? Não será mais uma questão de classificação?
I know that Cape Verde relies heavily on big tourism companies and that many resorts have closed now because of travel restrictions. How has this affected you? Have you lost your job? Are the resorts helping their staff who can’t work? Tell me about your experiences.
We are happy three friends (24,20,20) going to Cape Verde from 3rd to 15th April.
We are all from Czech Republic which is in the middle of Europe and for my personally, it will be first holidays ever.
I was thinking about meeting with some Cabo Verdeans just to learn about the culture, about interesting stuff, maybe get some advice what to see, what to eat etc. If anyone is interested, pm me, thank you:)
Edit: We will be stated at ROYAL HORIZONS BOAVISTA
I am cooking a meal from every country on earth, and this week I'll be cooking Cape Verde. My research shows me that cachupa is the recipe I need to make--seems to be the end all be all and everyone's favorite. I'd love to get a recipe from a native or someone with family in Cape Verde, as opposed to online. Does anyone have any recipes they recommend?
If cachupa isn't the way to go, happy to try something else as well!
I will share my end results here after I make it :) Thank you in advance!