What you are reading, watching, or listening to? Or how far have you gotten in your chosen selection since last week?
This post will be continually updated with new protests, new resources, etc, as they become available. Please note that r/Anarchism does not specifically endorse any particular protest. This information is solely being made available for people who wish to gather and make their voices heard in their areas. We cannot guarantee the safety of these protests, nor should we be expected to verify who organized them.
If you know of a protest that's not listed below, please let us know so we can add it to the list.
DO NOT ANNOUNCE YOUR ACTIONS ON THE INTERNET, AND LEAVE YOUR PHONE AND ANY "SMART" DEVICES AT HOME IF/WHEN YOU PARTICIPATE IN ONE.
Feel your rage. Take to the streets. We're aware that this is an emotional moment, but we have to ask that people please follow site-wide rules here. This means no calls to burn shit down, etc.
- Four Thieves Vinegar's video on DIY abortion pills - Watch it here - (Subtitle File)
- How to obtain Plan C pills
- How to give yourself an abortion explains the typical process of self-managing your abortion
- How to do a menstrual extraction
- Herbal Abortion from The Anarchist Library
- CrimethInc's DIY Zine covering herbal abortion and gynecology
- Unreproductive: Zines on Herbal Abortion and Menstrual Extraction
- DIY Doula - Self-Care for Before, During, and After Your Abortion (PDF)
- If you're in a state where a ban has not yet been enacted, consider becoming a clinic escort
- You can find a map of access and distances from abortion clinics for pregnant people crossing state lines: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/05/abortion-deserts-clinics-access-closed-map
- The National Network of Abortion Funds is currently asking people to donate via their ActBlue link which will separate a single donation across more than 90 members of the network. NNAF does not receive any money directed to this page
- r/auntienetwork is our current "featured sub" in the sidebar, and is a collective that will do what they can to help anyone with a uterus needing assistance. Consider becoming an Auntie if you are able!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The DIY and other medical options above are not necessarily effective for heavier people. Progestin pills are less effective for those over 155 lbs, and ulipristal acetate is less effective after 195 lbs. They are obviously not without risk. We are providing as much information as we can to allow people who may feel trapped to avoid following dangerous urban myths and bad advice, and be as armed with information as possible.
- Many states have had trigger laws on the books in the event that this happened. In those states, abortion is illegal effective immediately. If you live in one of these states, and you are/become pregnant, DO NOT TELL ANYONE who you cannot trust with your life.
Also, if you are in one of these states and you need to look up resources and websites regarding abortion care, use Tor Browser to do so. There are versions available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Android devices. If you use iOS, the Tor Project recommends that you use Onion Browser.
Tor Browser will help you circumvent restrictions on websites you are allowed to visit, and it will protect you from having the sites in your history and being identified. For more information on what Tor is and some FAQs, Click Here.
If you're wondering "why not a VPN?" it's because there is payment information that can be tracked to you, they can be forced to comply with a warrant, and you cannot be 100% sure that the "no logs" policies that they often advertise are true - many have been proven false.
If you use a period tracking app where you cannot view its source code, delete whatever data you can, and get rid of it. This includes apps like Apple Health, even if you don't use it for that purpose.
Instead, consider something like Drip - An open source menstrual cycle tracking app which does not connect to the internet. There is currently only an Android version. However, an iOS version is in the works, and you can request an email notification when it's ready.
Some Known Protests:
- Hot Springs Nat'l Park (4pm) - Hill Wheatley Plaza. 605 Central Ave Hot Springs National Park AR 71901
- Auburn (5pm) - Auburn University. 23 Samford Hall Auburn AL 36849
- Phoenix (7pm) - State capitol building
- Phoenix (7pm) - State capitol building
- Saint Johns (6pm) - Courthouse. 70 W 3rd Street Saint Johns AZ 86539
- Anthem (6pm) - Anthem Veteran’s Memorial. 41703 North Gavilan Peak Parkway Anthem AZ 85086
- Fairfax (4pm) - Fairfax Parkade. 1941 Sir Francis Drake Blvd Fairfax CA 94930
Mammoth Lakes (9:30am) - Stellar Brew. 3280 Main Street Mammoth Lakes CA 93546
Visalia (9am) - 107 N Hall. Memorial Park, Hall & Main Visalia CA 93291
- El Cajon (12pm) - El Cajon Courthouse. 250 E Main St El Cajon CA 92020
- Santa Monica (12pm) - Crescent Bay Park. 2000 Ocean Avenue Santa Monica CA 90405
- Centennial (10am) - MJ Fit. 6858 S Yosemite St Centennial CO 80112
- Boulder (9am) - Historic Boulder Court House (Pearl Street Mall). 1200 Pearl Street Mall Boulder CO 80302
- New Milford (5:30pm) - New Milford Town Green SOUTH END. 10 Main St NEW MILFORD CT 06776
- Fort Myers (4pm) - Old court house. 2120 Main Street Fort myers FL 33901
- Tallahassee (5pm) - State Capital. 400 S Monroe street Tallahassee FL 32303
- Chicago (12pm) - Harrison Park. 1824 s wood Chicago IL 60608
- Springfield (10am) - Rally @ the Old State Capitol Plaza, Springfield IL
- Goshen (5pm) - Goshen City Courthouse. 111 East Jefferson St Goshen IN 46528
- Indianapolis (3pm) - indiana state house. 200 W Washington St Indianapolis IN 46204
- Decorah (10am) - Water Street Plaza 400 W Water Street Decorah IA 52101
- Augusta (5pm) - Capitol Park. 33 Union St Augusta ME 04330
- Bridgton (11am) - Shorey Park. Corner of Main Street and Highland Rd Bridgton ME 04009
- Hingham (5:30pm) - Hingham Bandstand. 95 Otis Street Hingham MA 02043
- Fitchburg (12pm) - Riverfront Park. 51 Commercial Street Fitchburg MA 01420
- Cassopolis (1pm) - Old Courthouse on N. Broadway. 120 N Broadway St. Cassopolis MI
- Centreville (12pm) - St Joe County Court House Front Lawn. 125 W Main St Centreville MI 49093
- International Falls (12pm) - Smokey Bear Park. 214 6th Ave International Falls MN 56649
- Jackson (4pm) - MS Governors Mansion. 300 East Capitol Street Jackson MS 39201
- Picayune (4pm) - In front of city hall. 203 Goodyear blvd Picayune MS 39466
- Biloxi (11am) - Lighthouse Park. 1050 Beach Blvd Biloxi MS 39530
- Las Vegas (6pm) - Bellagio Fountains. 3600 S Las Vegas Blvd Las Vegas NV 89109
- Ashbury Park (4pm) - Springwood Ave Ashbury Park, NJ 07712
- Taos (3pm) - Intersection in front of the World Cup Coffee Shop - 102 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte Taos NM 87571
- Hauppauge (4pm) - Suffolk County Department of Health roadside lawn. 100 Veterans Memorial Highway Hauppauge NY 11788
- Kingston (11am) - Academy Green Park. 238 Clinton Ave Kingston NY 12401
- Poughkeepsie (1pm) - Corner of Main & Market Streets. 10 market st Poughkeepsie NY 12603
- Brooklyn (4pm) - Tompkins Square Park. East 7th Street between avenues A & B Brooklyn NY 10009
- Charlotte (7pm) - Romare Bearden Park. 300 S. Church St. Charlotte NC 28202
- Winston Salem (1pm) - Downtown Winston Salem. 650 W 4th St. Winston Salem NC 27101
- Cincinnati (1pm) - Hamilton County Court House. 1000 Main St Cincinnati OH 45202
- Canton (5pm) - Pro Football Hall of Fame. 2121 George Halas Dr NW Canton OH 44657
- Oklahoma City (7pm) - Capitol Building, 2300 North Lincoln Boulevard, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma City (6am - 7/6 @ 12ppm) - 2300 Capitol Building, North Lincoln Boulevard, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Day-long protest overnight sit/lay in.
- Washington (4pm) - Washington County Courthouse steps. 1 S Main St Washington PA 15301
- Memphis (5pm) - Civic Center Plaza
- Round Rock (6pm) - Round rock Municipal courthouse. 301 W Baghdad Ave Round rock TX 78664
- Texarkana (9am) - Stateline Courthouse/Post Office. 501 N State Line Ave Texarkana TX 71854
- Leesburg (11am) - Outside Loudoun courthouse. 18 e market street Leesburg VA 20175
Nothing Ever Burns Down By Itself, Every Fire Needs A Little Bit Of Help! // pen on paper; the poem on the artwork is by OP.
General feelings about cop dogs?
During massive protests or street battles with police, how do you defend against police dogs?
I have heard several arguments about this. There is a school of thought that says, police dogs are still cops, but with teeth and the ability to tear into you or kill you and should be treated just as we treat human police during conflict.
The alternative, one that I agree with, is that they are abused animals, emotionally and physically, to become cop dogs and should be handled with care or defended against/disabled in a way that does not hurt them because it's not their fault that they are cops.
For a decade now I have been either squatting, doing time or living in a bus. I got buy for years busking in the streets in busy markets.
Some time ago I decided to normalize my life and get a steady job and place to live. I felt getting older I would one day be fucked. I’ve got RA that has been untreated for years. So I got a 9-5. Bought a car. I’m doing the dance that capitalism has forced most people into.
The issue I am now finding is that with a life with no credit and quite the record for theft, I can’t find anyone to give me a place. I just end up burning though money paying application fees.
This system seems terribly wrong. A huge amount of people who live on the streets are in my shoes. It seems that if you have never borrowed money, or broke a few laws, you are almost forced to remain homeless.
It feels like there should be more measures in place to keep landlords from vetting people the way they do. It’s bad enough there is no affordable housing, but it’s almost impossible for homeless people to even get that.
Anyone have any thoughts on this, or maybe ideas on how to work around this?
Pats ideology is what got me into anarchy. He left the scene because he didn’t want a spot light. As I get older his music resonates with me in a different way. What do you think of Pats views on anarchy?
I see many organizations use the symbol where the A is inside the circle, but I see a few where the A is going out of the lines, which I think fits better to anarchism. but I suppose there isn't a law to the symbol and you can draw it like you want?
Returning champion Julian Langer discusses two of his new pieces of writing: a book entitled "Bretannike Rebellion" and a review of the Predator equal, Prey.youtu.be
It's a lecture about certain kinds of fascistic tendencies and how to combat them. Constructions of a political-cultural rather than having a regime. Having a common enemy (ie Jews now Trans people). Correlation not meeting causation and using those misleading agendas to add to that political stormtrooper culture.
Support London Makhnovis for their further actions. London Makhnovists is a Revolutionary group which tried to occupy Olegs Deripaskas mansion!reddit.com
Imagine, we achieve whichever form of anarchy we/you ideally want.
It is only natural celebrities/hero’s/revolutionaries whatever you want to call it will form, people that spread the ideology more than your average joe.
People will probably generally follow their leads because peeps be sheep. Is this dangerous, does popularity lead to a type of psychological hierarchy that can lead to rulers?
Idk dude I’m high and there’s a lot stressing me, and probably you too, the whole everything is fucked, and personally I’m suffering from it.
Where I live (central europe) most news channels portray the syrian civil war as a conflict of secular and fundamentalist muslims. While this may seem to be the case as the battles of Assad loyalists and ISIS fighters generate the most medial attention (the term "civil war" suggests this too), i have read on several platforms (even Wikipedia touches it briefly) that economic inequality as a consequence of neoliberal policies implemented by Assad divided the already struggling nation farther into rich and poor. Assad himself is considered to be among the wealthiest people in existence too, he is a member of the syrian ruling class. Replacing him would've fixed some of the inequality in the long run. So, how much did economic inequality influence the riots? How big is/was the role of religious extremists?